Quiz 10 points; 19 October 2016; Name: ________________________________________
- “The president went back to sleep” after making a decision. How was this possible?
- It is enough to be right, Yes or No?
Individual Contributor ____
- How did the Army Chief of Staff General George Marshall test the younger Ike Eisenhower?
- The hero in Hemingway’s Farewell to Arms was upset when he got back from vacation. Why?
- President Ronald Reagan preached that Personnel is Policy. What does this mean?
- The president or your manager should never make easy decisions. Why?
- “It is finished,” are the last words of Jesus Christ on the Cross, John 19:30. How does this apply to Completed Staff Work?
- What is a ‘deputy?’ And why should you aspire to this designation?
- “One must be a good butcher,” said William Gladstone, Great Britain’s Prime Minister in the late 1800’s. What does this mean?
- What is the one word that describes Completed Staff Work?
Bonus: When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help. “Lord,” he said, “my servant lies at home paralyzed and in terrible suffering.” Jesus said to him, “I will go and heal him.”
Don’t bother, says the soldier. Real leaders really don’t work that hard. Jesus had auctoritas. What does this mean?